Financial Information ›
The hard work of the original members and all other past and present members results in what Dos Pinos is today, arguably the longest operating, most successful limited equity housing cooperative without government subsidy in California.
A non-subsidized, affordable housing alternative in Davis, California
- All ages and walks of life are represented-singles, single parents, couples, and families with children.
- Dos Pinos has 60 units: one-, two-, and three-bedroom units with private individual courtyards and washer/dryer hookups.
- Members may also use the pool, spa, community room, and communal laundry room.
- Pets are allowed at Dos Pinos within our policy guidelines.
|Unit Size||Number of Units||Approx. Square Footage||Monthly Assessment as of Jan. 2023||Max. Basic Share Value as of Dec. 2022*|
- Dos Pinos members who itemize their income tax deductions are able to deduct their portion of the corporation’s mortgage interest and real estate taxes. For 2022, proportional mortgage interest and real estate taxes were $1303 (1BR); $1855 (2BR); and $2219 (3BR).
- Each member’s share value appreciates per criteria outlined in our Bylaws. The annual rate of appreciation is the prime interest rate (as of Jan 1st of each year) as reported by the Wall Street Journal up to a maximum of 10%. Historically, annual rates have ranged from 3.25% to 10.0%.
- Shareholders may apply for Board approval for permanent improvements to their units with the cost of improvements, less depreciation, added to the share value of the unit within the terms of our Permanent Improvement Policy.
- There are minor transfer costs when memberships are purchased or sold, but no closing costs as would be paid when buying a house or condominium.
- Approximate financial qualification for membership is a monthly household gross income that is equal to or greater than 2.5 times the monthly assessment noted above.
* The maximum transfer value may be more. The share value and features associated with an individual unit may differ depending on Board-approved permanent improvements made by members, which add value to the share. Most shares have at least one permanent improvement.